Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A church to call "Home"


Jake & I have been searching for a church where we belong for months now. We have both been praying on it....I felt so restless in one church we went to a few times. God definitely has a sense of humor. The people there were very kind...it was just too aimed towards new faith. Nothing wrong with that at all....it's just that my walk has grown so much. I was still thirsting for a deeper sermon.

The last straw (as I was already on the fence)...we arrived at church on Sunday, which was in a small movie theater (yes the house of God can be anywhere!)...and they completely forgot the message at home. Yes....in the 5 year history of the church it was the ONE time the pastor forgot. We left and all I could think was "This...THIS is what I woke up early for today?!"

So, I am so thrilled to announce that we found our place this past Sunday. Couldn't have been orchestrated any better. It's in a gorgeous community theater in downtown Savannah. As fate would have it, we attended for the first time on the Church's anniversary. A seasoned couple came up first thing and introduced themselves and everything just "clicked". The message spoke to my heart...I could feel his presence. Amazing. I haven't felt that close to God in church since I left Jax.

Ephesians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

0 comments: