Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mustard Seed Faith


I am in absolute awe of God's overflowing mercy today.


See....Jake's father has been having heart problems that had escalated to life threatening. He had an aneurysm (blister) on his heart that could go at any moment...which would take his life. It seemed like a raincloud that just loomed around and everyone was awaiting a downpour at any given time.


When we were visiting, Jake's dad had come home from a doctor's appointment with a very sullen look about him. His dad is usually pretty jolly. I asked how it went...big mistake.

They found that the aneurysm had actually grown and they would have to do open heart surgery. A procedure that was extremely risky and odds were stacked against him.

I had been praying for his father fervently. I felt inside my heart that God would heal him. Although I would occasionally waver back and forth with doubt.


On our trip we went to the "Bodies" exhibit in Vegas.... as we passed by a heart Jake pointed out the location of the blister and how they would take his fathers heart out of his chest to remove it. In that moment I had a vision of the aneurysm smoothing out flat. I cannot explain it. I even thought "well that's odd..." But went along my business and kept it to myself. On our way home from the trip I was praying silently on the plane and had the same vision again. To myself I thought "Okay God, this makes no sense....I've never heard of this happening...but you know better than anyone on this Earth....your knowledge surpasses any doctor..." and then I drifted off to sleep.


Today, Jake called me on his way home from work and I have not heard him that chipper in quite some time. He informed me that dad went to the doctor again today and not only did the blister fade away...it actually somewhat callused over. The cardiologist was astonished and actually said he had never seen or heard anything like this happening.


As Jake told me this I was in absolute shock....on one hand I wasn't surprised because God is capable of all things and only wants the best for his children. On the other hand, he chose to listen to ME.. a sinner from a terrible past. He let me witness an amazing miracle. Me. The person who had faith but would tell Jake "I believe he will be healed"...then thought to myself "Right God....Right?!"


I've never been able to go on a missions trip to Africa...and a lot of my friends would share amazing stories where people were healed. I remember thinking "God please show me one day....I need to see this"...and lo and behold...he out-did himself as usual. God always goes one step further. Instead of using a stranger, he healed someone dear to my heart.


Thank you God for letting me be part of this.


Matthew 17:20

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

0 comments: